Saturday, May 24, 2014

A 90th Degree Mason - Whistle Blower (Full Disclosure) Part 1 of 2

A 90th Degree Mason - Whistle Blower (Full Disclosure) Part 1 of 2

DAILY GOSPEL

"Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." John 6:68

...




Sunday, 25 May 2014


Sixth Sunday of the Resurrection


See commentary below or click here
Saint Cyril of Alexandria : “Look at my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me”

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 24,36-48.
While they were talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, ‘Peace be with you.’
They were startled and terrified, and thought that they were seeing a ghost.
He said to them, ‘Why are you frightened, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?
Look at my hands and my feet; see that it is I myself. Touch me and see; for a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.’
And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet.
While in their joy they were disbelieving and still wondering, he said to them, ‘Have you anything here to eat?’
They gave him a piece of broiled fish,
and he took it and ate in their presence.
Then he said to them, ‘These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you that everything written about me in the law of Moses, the prophets, and the psalms must be fulfilled.’
Then he opened their minds to understand the scriptures,
and he said to them, ‘Thus it is written, that the Messiah is to suffer and to rise from the dead on the third day,
and that repentance and forgiveness of sins is to be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
You are witnesses of these things.




The New Revised Standard Version, copyright 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America.� Used by permission. All rights reserved.



Commentary of the day :

Saint Cyril of Alexandria (380-444), Bishop, Doctor of the Church
Commentary on John, 12


“Look at my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me”


Saint Matthew, in his Gospel, writes that Christ took Peter, James and John, led them up a high mountain and was transfigured before them: his face shone like the sun and his clothes became white as light. But, since they were not able to bear such a vision, they fell prostrate (Mt 17,1s). This is why, in order to conform himself in everything to the Father's plan, at the Cenacle our Lord Jesus appeared still under the appearance he had before, and not according to the glory owed to him and that suits the Temple of his transfigured body. He did not want that faith in resurrection be based on other aspects or on a different body than the one he had received from the Virgin Mary and with which he had died on a cross, according to the Scriptures. In fact, death had no power over him, except on his body, from which death was to be chased away. For, if his dead body had not been raised, where would this death that has been defeated be? ...He couldn't have been nor just a soul, nor an angel, not even only the Word of God...

Moreover, the fact that the Lord came, although the doors were locked, anybody who is sensible will count this too as a proof of his resurrection. He greets his disciples with these words: “Peace be with you”, revealing in this way that he himself is peace. For those to whom he appears, receive from him a perfectly soothed and peaceful spirit. This is certainly what Paul wished to his faithful when he said: “May the peace of God that surpasses all understanding guard your hearts and minds in Jesus Christ” (Phil 4,7).
See More

America's first leaders.

LlKE Our Time on Facebook

No comments: